To support my work and get access to hundreds of exclusive songs, poems, videos, podcasts, and more, join my community of patrons at www.patreon.com/adamgottliebandonelove

Thank you!! contact: adampgottlieb@gmail.com

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teaching

What is it?

Bankers of knowledge making deposits 
into an empty head?

Or...

a conversation between souls;
art.

Friend,
where are you from?
Show me.


There are paints on the table, 

an easel, pens, pencils and markers, 
construction paper...

Dear,
where are you now? 

Show me.


There are so many stories ready for you
to use in your own,
so many songs you can sample from, 

yours to choose and bend
into your own
music.


(the second your hands are hungry for sounds, 
may they receive a guitar;
the moment you thirst for a life to nurture, 
may there be a garden for you to water, fruits to harvest, and mouths to feed;
and the instant you are most desperate to capture your wild imagination
or name your beautiful pain,
may a pencil come to your rescue...)

Learner,
you too teach; please,
show me what you know, 


O, World-Reader, O Soul, O Self, 
O pair of eyes, how wise your design, 
Beautiful! Truly, 
You are another - miraculous - me!

(and we
must free ourselves 


together...)

Dreamer,
Where do you want to go?
What do you want to be?


Show me;
Paint a picture of the world you see;


Leader, Human, Young God, Light,
Dear Friend, Learner, World-Changer, 

Dreamer, Dancer, Poet, Prophet,
Teacher,

please,

teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment