To support my work and get access to hundreds of exclusive songs, poems, videos, podcasts, and more, join my community of patrons at www.patreon.com/adamgottliebandonelove

Thank you!! contact: adampgottlieb@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Love is God

God is Love
That's all

I asked Her
what I should write
in my manifesto
and that was all She said

I was like “Really?! That's it? Love is God? Are you kidding?”
It's so simple; three words that mean everything and nothing
Infinitely profound yet terribly trite
The easiest and hardest poem to write

They'll think I'm crazy
talking to God
'who does this guy think he is
some kind of prophet?'

Well, actually, yes!
That's right. I confess:
I am a blessed vessel of celestial Light!
Love pours through me in epic creations
My words are a song of Divine revelation
The truths I tell often happen to rhyme
so through me Love speaks to a place beyond mind
like music; my heart beats the rhythm in time
with the cosmic concerto, the drums in the sky –

Love Love

Love Love


All day they play
Every sound sings out loud
I am so damn real!”
Every move, one Love
Every sight, one Life
I can feel it in my heart

Love Love

Love Love


in the snow, in the flowers
the kiss of water on my throat
in the smile that unfolds like my life on your face
in the towering mountains
the brown of my eyes
in the amorous sighs of lovers
in my friends, young and old
big and small, in all –
the stars, stars, the stars!
the earth flying through space
sun and moon rising daily

Love Love

Love Love


I can't contain my Self
My own beauty drives me crazy
Who, where, what am I not?
Rain falls; I am in every drop
I am not not anything so I'm Everything
synonymous with God, Joy, Truth, Peace,
Wisdom, Power, Light, Grace,
Nature, Spirit, Reality, Universe,
Energy, Intuition, Silence, The Way,
Freedom, Life, the Sage, Buddha, Christ,
Amor
, el Universo Infinito, la Raíz,

Love Love

Love Love


The song never ends
Though heartbeats will stop
Essence is eternal

Love Love

Love Love


Friends,
you too are prophets
of Divine imagination
all people are poets
co-authors of creation
the same inner Light
that inspires my art
illuminates your soul
and shines from every heart

We have always been One
and every movement we make
is a passionate cry for the sake
of reunion, connection,
that warm way we feel
when we make sacred contact
and we know, if nothing else is real
This is

Love Love

Love Love


May it spread like fire
May it shake sleeping souls
and inspire artistic hearts
May it touch warring nations
like an epidemic of sanity
and one World Family unite all humanity

Until that time
I'ma keep writin these rhymes of mine
Words be my weapons
peace is my fight
pages my prayers
stages my shrine
my voice is my power
Love is my Light
and I'm gonna let it shine

let it shine
let it shine

Let It Shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment